We are seeking a highly organised and motivated individual to join our association as a Part-Time Office and Event Officer. As an integral part of our team, you will provide essential administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of our association. This role suits someone looking for part-time employment and offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic organisation.
General Administrative Support:
- Assist in managing day-to-day administrative tasks, such as handling correspondence, answering phone calls, and responding to emails.
- Maintain and update association records and extranet, including membership
- databases, mailing lists, and other relevant documents.
Coordinate logistics for association events, including venue bookings, catering arrangements, and participant registrations.
- Perform general clerical duties, such as photocopying, filing, and data entry.
Communication and Member Services:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for association members, addressing inquiries and providing relevant information promptly and professionally.
- Assist in drafting and distributing association communications, such as newsletters, announcements, and updates.
- Maintain and update the association’s website, ensuring accurate content.
Financial and Records Management:
- Support the association’s financial operations by processing invoices, tracking expenses, and assisting with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with the Secretary General, treasurer and accountant to maintain accurate financial records and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist in coordinating membership dues collection and maintaining up-to-date membership records.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional certification or training in office administration or related fields is a plus.
- Previous experience of at least 2 years in administrative or customer service roles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Excellent oral and written English skills (French is a plus).
- Proficiency in using office software and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in managing records and financial information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with association members, staff, and external stakeholders.
Working Hours and Compensation:
This is a part-time position with an estimated workload of 20 hours per week (specific hours and schedule to be determined and it can be flexible). Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and explaining why you are interested in this position. Applications can be sent to email@example.com.The application deadline is the 22nd of February 2023. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.